Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tom's submission

My name is Tom Gilfillan. I am 9 years old and I have lived in Kensington for my whole life. I have a dog named Zico.

I can't imagine Zico not going for walks in the park. He loves it so much and loves to get out and play with the other dogs. The road tunnel will wreck our community because people go and play football and heaps of stuff. We need our park to stay in one piece.

People come down to Holland Park to have fun and people go down to Holland Park to enjoy themselves and I think that is really important. People walk down to the park by 5am to 10pm and what would we do without it.

I play football for the Under 10s and my brother plays for under 14's at Holland Park on a Sunday. If we don't have Holland Park, we wouldn't know what to do.

Holland Park is a chance for people to keep fit by a nice jog. People also meet their friends there. Holland Park is like the way of life because people go down there all the time to have bbq's, play football, soccer, cricket and just muck around and it would hurt me if it was destroyed.

No comments: